Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

9/20/2013

Renovations are not calming

stilbym stilbym stilbym stilbym
Today I woke up to a quintessential fall morning in Vermont. The kind of morning that makes you feel happy, inspired, and at peace. The sun is shining, the leaves are starting to change, and the cold air feels fresh and crisp.

There is something so lovely about that Autumn chill. It is cold enough that you start thinking about sweaters, boots, flannel and corduroys (serious Vermont staples) but not so cold that you dread going outside. It kind of feels like everyone is pretending that there is no such thing as winter even though you can feel it lingering in the air.

Unfortunately, this morning I was awoken by the sound of workers screaming to each other from the bathroom down the hall. Even though the world around me is seemingly tranquil, my house is currently undergoing a serious renovation and is anything but serene.

All of my clothing, beauty products, office supplies…possessions (etc.) are now in piles on my bedroom floor. Everything feels chaotic and going through it all feels a little hopeless. I have so many things to give away, put into storage, or just get rid of. I am excited to get organized but I do not know where to start...

No comments:

Post a Comment