Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

6/04/2013

Chanel Spring 2013 Campaign

stilbym stilbym stilbym
Source

Chanel Spring 2013 Campaign

Models : Stella Tennant, Ondria Hardin, Yumi Lambert
Photography : Karl Lagerfeld

When I first saw Chanel's Eastern inspired Spring 2013 campaign I was a little unimpressed. It felt intentionally flat and seeing as it features older model (model old) Stella Tennant alongside 15-16 year-old Ondria Hardin, it seemed to be a projection of Karl Lagerfeld's own issues with aging. I went on ignoring the ads and then I saw the accessories shot (the first picture). It reminds me of LA in a sort of, Sofia Coppola 'Lost in Translation' way (which is appropriate, as the campaign is said to be a reference to Japanese tea houses). With time, even the photographs featuring the models, despite all of the cliche but weird tension, grew on me. Now I love this campaign...

No comments:

Post a Comment